a perspective of racism

In today's blog I am going to be giving a perspective of racism from Tatum, first and foremost racism is not acceptable. Tatum views racism as guilt, shame, anger, and despair, the reason that is, is because Tatum feels that the black people didn’t deserve it. Guilt is something that black people feel because some think that it was their fault, however in reality I think that the white was insecure with themselves. Black feel shame because they were humiliated 24/7 back then and it took a lot out of them. However, they were strong through all of it. I think that anger was most that the black people felt because they were so sick and tired of the mistreatment that they did something about it. Despair is important because they went through so much emotionally and physically that they let go of a lot of tears. Regarding the classroom it is important that the students treat each other with respect and as equals, the same thing goes for the teacher. All these emotions that the black people went through during this time was as real as it can get. However, racism will never go away it is immortal, so it is important that as teachers we stick up for those being targeted. I think that teachers are ones that are going to change the course of history when it comes to racism. Overall, I think that it is important that we address racism in the classroom as future educators.  

Comments